DUKE OF EDINBURGH AWARD SCHEME
We proudly offer the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme for Year 9 and Year 10 students.
“The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award has helped countless young people on their sometimes-difficult path to adulthood.” – HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
The DofE Award is widely regarded as being the world’s leading youth achievement award. The award scheme is set up to give young people exciting and character-building opportunities as they develop into adulthood, we have therefore established a focus for our activities on young people from the age of 14. We are currently offering the Bronze Award to our year 9 and 10 students.
The Bronze Award consists of four parts as follows:
- Volunteering– this includes voluntary work that will directly benefit others, for example working in a charity shop or helping run a club at school.
- Skill – this involves learning a new skill or developing an existing one
- Physical Activity – participating in regular physical activity
- Expedition – planning and participating in each of two-day overnight practice and assessed expeditions.
For Further Details please contact:
- DofE Manager – Mrs W Barker – 0121 729 7220 Ext 1416
- DofE Manager – Mr M Morton (Please contact Mr Morton through reception)