Join Team JQA
At Jewellery Quarter Academy, we are searching for like-minded people to join Team JQA’s mission. Do you want to join a team that is committed to ensuring that background or postcode doesn’t determine a child’s future? Do you have the mindset to be part of a team that is driven to enable our students to be the leaders of tomorrow, transforming lives and building ambitious futures? We serve a community in the Ladywood area of inner-city Birmingham and we have a clear social-justice mission. We believe great teachers make a great school; great schools change children’s lives.
We are upfront about the challenges ahead to all candidates about joining Team JQA – our students deserve the best: people who exude our values and exemplary role models for our students. In return, we offer a range of approaches to develop and support all members of Team JQA.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to work in the vibrant and historic location of Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter
- On-site parking
- CPD that is autonomous at all levels to develop all members of JQA
- Clear, simple and centralised behaviour systems with visible and supportive SLT and Heads of Year/Curriculum Leaders
- ‘Common-sense’ approach to marking and feedback through trust
- A culture of typicality – no lesson gradings
- Minimal, ‘straightforward’ data entries that are streamlined and with clear guidance and support from Curriculum Leaders
- Centrally planned form time sessions and PSHE sessions for tutors to deliver
- ‘No meetings’ week in the final week of each half term so staff can leave earlier
- Calendared ‘well-being’ events
- Maximum 22/25 lessons per week
- Comprehensive support and development from NQTs
- Regular staff symposium and survey to give opportunity to contribute to systems being even more effective
- Regular staff social events and 10% discount at local establishment
- On-site gym facilities
- Discount at Ladywood Leisure Centre
- Opportunities to get involved in the wider life of the Academy (CCF, D of E)
- Access to Westfield Health
- Regular recognition for staff (Heroes of the Week)
- Well-Being team on hand to support staff with any issues
- Common-sense approach to duties
- Academy directed time is calculated and always below 1265 hours
View our current vacancies at the CORE Education Trust website below or submit an application to our Talent Pool:
- The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
- Please note we do not accept CVs but we do accept speculative application forms for our ‘Talent Pool’, emailed to [email protected]
- CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
- CORE Education Trust is a living wage employer.